Chocolate Stout Cake
250ml Stout beer
225g Butter, chopped
440g Castor sugar
75g Cocoa, sifted
11/2 tsp Bicarb soda, sifted
160g Sour cream
300g Plain flour, sifted
1. Pre heat oven to 160.c
2. Place the stout & butter in a saucepan, heat until butter dissolves. Then remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa, set aside to cool.
3. Whisk together the eggs and sour cream, add the COOLED stout mixture with the flour, bicarb, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
4. Pour into a lightly greased 23cm x 10 cm x 10cm loaf tin, lined with non stick paper.
5. Bake for 1hr - 1hr 20mins, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
6. Allow to cool in the tin for 10mins, then turn out and cool completely.
7. Serve warmed with ice-cream, cream or vanilla greek yoghurt.
You'll never bake a different chocolate cake again!!!!
Enjoy & Happy Baking