The Perfect Roast Potato......
With the colder weather slowly getting nearer the cosy nights, warming glass of red wine and comfort foods are called for.
Have you ever wondered how to do the perfect roasted potato?? Well, I am going to let you in on the little secret... It is so easy
5-6 Medium Red Skin Potatoes
1 Bulb Garlic
4 Sprigs Rosemary
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat your oven to 200.c
2. In a baking tray place 5mm deep of olive oil over the base, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to heat and get very hot.
3. Peel 5-6 Med size potatoes, cut into 1/4's and place in cold salted water with 4 garlic cloves and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
4. Bring to the boil, simmer till half cooked.
5. Drain into a colander and leave to dry for 2 minutes
6. Place cooked potatoes back in the pot and shack from side to side to smash them about a bit (this with rough up the sides of the potatoes.)
7. Take your hot baking tray out of the oven and add all the smashed potatoes into this hot oils - even the mashy bits (careful the oil will spit a bit), then add 8 more whole garlic cloves (slightly crushed in skins) and 2 sprigs of rosemary picked off the stem.
8. Place back in the oven for 25-35 minutes, adjudicate and turn potatoes half way through.
9. Remove from the oven when desired crisp has been achieved, salt & pepper more to taste.
10. Serve with anything! ;-)